Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Motorized Bike Forum
Welcome to MotorizedBikeForum.com!

Feel free to log in, register, or just browse around and see what we're all about here at MxB Forum.

If you got help here, REGISTER and help the next guy!

If that's not enough motivation, the ads will go away when you are logged in!

If that doesn't do it for you - registering will allow you to search the forum!

Ride safe and have fun!

_DuctTapedGoat
Motorized Bike Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi all!

2 posters

Go down

hi all! Empty hi all!

Post by shaggybirdman Thu Mar 09 2017, 23:29

well hello everyone . i want a motorbike to get around due to health issues, and ive always wanted one. im a big guy (Clydesdale) but NY only allows a 50cc motor. a 80cc would pull me about better but need to be legal till i find out where i can push the envelope.

so ill open a thread on what you guys would recommend.

shaggybirdman

Birthday : 1961-07-03

Back to top Go down

hi all! Empty Re: hi all!

Post by James Cagney Sat Jan 06 2018, 19:08

I HAVEN'T BEEN WATCHING THIS WEBSITE MUCH BUT I HAVE MANAGED TO SOMEHOW GET BACK ON IT AFTER AGES OF HAVING MY BIKE SIT WITHOUT RUNNING IT. FOR ONE THESE KITS ARE NOT THE BEST FOR RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION,THE CAST ALUMINUM HEATS QUICKLY THE ASSEMBLE VIBRATIONS ARE TROUBLESOME IF YOU DON'T HAVE GOOD SKILLS WITH TOOLS YOU MAY WANT TO AVOID A KIT FROM CHINA AND CONSIDER A SMALL ENGINE FROM HARBOR FREIGHT LIKE MANY DO.I HAVE LIMITED FUNDS SO MY OLD BEACH BIKE IS A PREWAR STEEL FRAME IF YOU ARE GOOD WITH TOOLS AND HAVE A FEW BUCKS I'D SUGGEST SOME MORE DESIREABLE MAYBE A 20 OR SO SPEED WITH DISK BRAKING A V-TWIN RC GAS ENGINE WAS WHAT I'D THOUGHT ABOUT BUT THE COST OF MOUNTING IT CORRECTLY TO THE FINAL DRIVE TO ACCESS 20 SPEEDS IT MORE THAN AN EXPENSE NAMELY I DON'T HAVE MANY TOOLS OR A WELDER AND MACHINE SHOP ACCESS AND THE LITTLE RC V-TWIN WILL HAVE TO BE A WISHLIST ITEM FOR NOW BUT WOULD LIKELY SOUND GOOD LOOK NEAT AND WORK WELL ENOUGH TO MOVE THE BIKE NICE ON A LEVEL SURFACE.BUT IF YOU LIKELY TO TINKER AND DON'T WANT TO SPEND THAN A $100.00 WILL GET YOU THE SAME KIT I'VE GOT AND YOU CAN SEE IT ON THE MOST RECENT VIDEO I HAVE POSTED I SEE THERES A BUSTED LINK APPEARING UNDER MY REPLY FOR AN OLDER VID BUT I'VE GOT A NEWER VID AND WILL GET ROUND TO POSTING ONE WITH THE NOISY THING ROLLING DOWN THE STREET SOONER OR LATER IT'S NOT THE MOST PLEASANT RIDING AND IS WITHOUT LUXURY .
James Cagney
James Cagney

Birthday : 1958-11-03

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum